Snaith and Cowick Walking GroupFormed 2007
The Snaith and Cowick Walking Group was formed in 2007 to offer guided walks on Tuesdays.
Snaith’s location on the Trans Pennine Trail, the very popular Heritage Walks and the fact that Snaith is a Walkers are Welcome town, have all contributed to an increase in walking in the area.
The group welcomes new walkers and anyone can join any of the walks on offer.
No need to book – just turn up. Unfortunately we cannot accept dogs as we may be walking where cattle are present. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Walk Leaders Coordinator;
Keith Greenwood – email@example.com
– 01405 861167
– 07518 029481
SPECIAL WALKS. We are often asked to arrange and lead walks for groups at a day and time to suit them. If you would like us to arrange a walk for your group, please contact Keith Greenwood.
2021 WALK PROGRAMME
The Tuesday walks will resume on TUESDAY 13 APRIL 2021. We are allowed any number of walkers but we MUST follow COVID regulations with social distancing, hygiene precautions and Track and Trace registration.
There will be a short walk (approx. 90 minutes walking) at 10:00am every Tuesday from Snaith Station Car Park. For details of other walks, please click on the link below.
(Updated programme will be posted when known).
WALK LEADERS RESPONSIBILITY:
As a Group of Volunteer TUESDAY Walk Leaders, we have a duty of care to ensure that walkers are not exposed to unnecessary risks and we do this by ensuring we stick to the routes as detailed on the map supplied by the Walk Leaders Coordinator. These routes have been carefully planned and assessed for risks, taking care to reduce these to a minimum by carrying out a risk assessment.
We will advise any new walkers where particular care should be taken and we will adjust the walk route to avoid any unexpected risk due to changes in circumstances.
THE GROUP and WALKERS’ INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY:
– The Group will endeavour to promote safe practice on all the walks
– All participants have a collective responsibility for ensuring this is happening
– Walkers are advised that they always walk at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety at all times
– The Group and its volunteers bear no responsibility or liability for any incidents or accidents to participants
FURTHER INFORMATION FOR THE SAFETY AND WELL-BEING OF WALKERS
– Wear suitable footwear
– Carry waterproofs, if not already wearing them
– Carry a drink, particularly in hot weather
– Carry any medication that you require
– Have emergency phone numbers in your mobile phone under ICE
– If you need to leave the walk at any time, please inform the Walk Leader
– Photographs may be taken for publicity. Please tell the Walk Leader if you do not want to be included
Snaith and Cowick Town Council endeavour to keep all public footpaths in their area well signed and accessible but in the unlikely event of you experiencing a problem please report it to the Council using the contact page on this website.